FAQ's & Help
A great way to try our new products in with the Action Pack This little box is packed with ALL 10 of our products! That's 2 Energy Bars, 5 Energy Gels, 1 Isotonic Drink Powder, 1 Protein Powder AND the Brand New Natural Superfood Bar. Plus Free Delivery.
You can get yours here.
FAQ's: Kendal Mint Cake & Energy Bars
The Chocolate Coated KMC NRG BAR 50g contains slightly less at 49g Carbohydrate/ 220 kcal per bar. What it lacks in Carbohydrate it makes up for in Chocolatey deliciousness!
Our specifically formulated B Vitamin blend creates a more effecient energy delivery system and helps with red blood cell functionality, reducing the typical "bonk" or "crash" when consuming sugary foods. The electrolyte formula is designed to improve physical performance and helping with the firing between synapses and also aiding hydration.
A Natural calming and soothing herb which acts as an Anti-inflammatory and encourages bile flow.
Peppermint contains high concentrations of Menthol - a natural aromatic decongestant that helps break up phlegm and mucus, making it easier to expel. Menthol has also been proven to help improve performance in hot climates.
Peppermint Extract has even been found to increase the pain threshold. Often used for colonoscopy to stop painful cramping in patients. Closely related to the anti-inflammatory properties. Not bad when you need that edge on your competitors!
Read more here.
KMC NRG BAR also includes our Electrolyte & B-Vitamin blend carefully designed to help with physical performance and the breakdown of carbohydrate into energy.
FAQ's: Energy Gels
We recommend you consume one gel every 45-60 minutes, before and during exercise to #Recharge.
Suitable for all Sports.
KMC NRG GELs contain 27g of Dual-Charge Carbohydrate, 4 Key Electrolytes and B Vitamins (B3, B5, B6 & B12) so they pack a real punch. If you want to #Supercharge your performance, you have come to the right place!
Always think ahead and stay on top of your energy levels, eat pro-actively not reactively, to avoid hitting the wall.
- Eat well before you start exercising and take your first gel within 45-60 minutes into your activity, take one gel ever 45-60 minutes thereafter.
- Our energy gels are much less viscous than most and isotonic, but we would still recommend having some water.
- It's a good idea to mix it up with some GEL+ Caffeine energy gels. Caffeine is scientifically proven to boost your physical endurance. (...but don't exceed the recommended GDA).
They are lightweight, compact and designed to fit in jersey pockets, cycle bags and waist packs. They are pressure tested, so don't worry about the packaging tearing or bursting during exercise.
- The first way we've done this is through taste. Digestion begins in your mouth, and great taste is a key aspect of making a gel easy to digest.
- Alongside great taste, is great texture. Our products have some of the best consistency you'll find in an energy gel.
- The final ace up our sleeve is our not-so-secret ingredient... Natural Mint! As you might have guessed, at Kendal Mint Co. we love Mint.
FAQ's: Protein & Recovery
Every time you exercise muscle tissue is damaged and the extent of damage depends on the intensity and duration. This is actually the first key part of your adaptation to training. The second part occurs when your muscles begin to repair and rebuild, into leaner, faster and even stronger muscles.
KMC PRO MIX is designed to help you recovery faster and train harder. With 21g Premium Whey Protein Concentrate designed to promote muscle fibre repair and adaption post exercise.
There are 4 other "Pillars" that form part of dietary recovery:
- Carbohydrate - To replenish depleted energy stores and help synthesise Proteins to optimise your recovery.
- Water – to replace fluid lost as sweat and to aid the process of glycogen storage in muscle (each gram of glycogen synthesised in muscle requires around three grams of water to 'fix' it in place;
- Electrolytes – to replenish minerals lost in sweat (eg sodium, chloride, calcium, magnesium).
FAQ's: Hydration & Electrolytes
Simply put , electrolytes are electrically charged minerals which have a key role in many bodily functions, specifically fluid balance. Their charge helps pull water from your blood into your muscles. The important electrolytes for athletes are sodium, magnesium, calcium and potassium.
Electrolytes are necessary for a variety of things, like hydration, muscle contraction and blood pressure. Certain electrolytes, like sodium and potassium, are lost in sweat and need to be replaced to maintain the proper fluid balance in the body.
You can find them in most of our products for this reason, particularly KMC ISO MIX.
Read more about electrolytes here.
There is no hard rule for electrolyte consumption.
However, the difference in alertness when you are dehydrated is very noticeable and immediate. Other clear symptoms of dehydration are a headache, dizziness, extreme fatigue or muscle cramps. You can also use your urine colour as an indicator for whether you are hydrated enough throughout the day.
Read more here.