Kendal Mint Co. #Recharged Turns 2! (Get double reward points during May)
This week KMC celebrates it's second birthday! The Recharged Kendal Mint Co brand, launched back in 2019 at the Keswick Mountain Festival and has since become a staple for many runners, cyclists, outdoor enthusiasts and athletes. We're proud of the community we've built and have taken a moment to step back and celebrate our time so far. Find out more below...
How it started...
Back in early 2019, an idea which had been thrown around for years, finally became a reality.
Built on the back of a conversation with one of the oldest Kendal Mint Cake manufacturers, when business was slow and Kendal Mint Cake was becoming slightly lost as a tourist sweet treat, A partnership was forged. Between our passion for great British business (particularly Cumbrian but we might be biased), great tasting quality food, and state of the art manufacturing. We married the traditional with new evolutionary products and the 100 year old brand, new idea KMC was born.
We launched at the Keswick Mountain Festival and were blown away by the amount of buzz and excitement around our tent. Our rowing competition to win a years supply of KMC created a continuous line of competitors and we ran out of samples on the first day! (there were three days)
How it's going...
With reviews from places such as Coachmag, Runners World, Bike Radar and many others. We are proud to say KMC has become a staple for many athletes and we've come a long way since 2019...
We've made a lot changes in terms of sustainability...
- We started by setting out a clear plan with our GRN NRG sustainable promise - Re-imagine, Reduce, Remove.
- September 2019 - Introduction of recycled cardboard shipping boxes.
- October 2019 - New recyclable and biodegradable void-fill packaging materials used for all orders.
- Jan 2020 - No more single use plastic mailing bags, now 100% biodegradable.
- Feb 2020 - Our drinks bottles switched from plastic to 100% Biodegradable PE.
- May 2020 - We phased out our single-use powder sachets and released our 100% recyclable pouches for both our Hydration & Recovery powders.
- July 2020 - We introduced a new style of energy gel packaging which uses 30% less packaging and improved seals.
- June 2021 - We are going to change the Energy Gel game... Keep your eyes peeled.
... and New product developments:
- March 2020 - The Exclusive SG X Kendal Mint Co Cycling Jersey
- April 2020 - The Action Pack - Try the range!
- June 2020 - The New Raspberry & Mint Energy Gel launched and shot straight to number one
- July 2020 - 100% Recyclable Protein Recovery Mix - KMC PRO MIX
- July 2020 - 100% Recyclable Isotonic Drink Mix - KMC ISO MIX
- October 2020 - The Exclusive Kendal Mint Co BUFF®
- November 2020 - The Limited Edition White Chocolate Mint Cake
- December 2020 - The Legacy Beanie
- Jan 2021 - The #MyEverest Kit Arrives
- March 2021 - The new Natural NRG Wholesome Superfood Bar
- April 2021 - The New 500ml Bio bottles
- June 2021 - We are changing the energy gel game...
It goes without saying, KMC would not be where we are today without the continued support of our incredible community.